TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Picture on screen is tall and narrow with wide black edges Settings/Pictures…

Customer Question
Picture on screen is tall...
Picture on screen is tall and narrow with wide black edges
Settings/Pictures and display/Screen options will not permit adjustment
Aspect ratio is at 16:9 not 4:3
Help
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/21/2015
TV Technician: Shahid, Technician replied 2 years ago
Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Hello, my name is***** be happy to assist you.
Please allow me to ask you a few questions to diagnose the problem.
- What video devices/ sources (such as cable box DVD player etc) are connected to TV and does the problem occur on all video input sources?
Thanks.
occurs on DVD also. Blue Ray
OK, so bluray is only video source/device hooked to TV, is this correct?
If so, what is the model number of that bluray player?
ICouldn't talk to India'Don't knowbeen on this all day . Direct TV found no problem
are you nthere
Model number would be written on front or rear of bluray player and will help to troubleshoot the issue.
So TV shows normal picture with Directv box and displays tall and narrow when watch bluray disc, correct?
are you there?
Did you get above reply?
I haven't used the Bluray for a year. There are other unused devices
Don't charge me
Louie, Technician