TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

My Mitsubishi Ed-65737 TV is not showing a picture when it…

Customer Question
My Mitsubishi Ed-65737 TV is...
My Mitsubishi Ed-65737 TV is not showing a picture when it powers up. The sound comes on, but the screen remains black. I have replaced the bulb twice over the last 4 years, the most recent about 3-4 months ago. The bulb looks to be intact and the indicator light on the front of the TV is green, not red or orange. I have no idea what may be wrong and don't want to waste money on another bulb if it may be a larger problem. Thank you for any assistance.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/21/2015
TV Technician: Anthony_Infotech, Technician replied 3 years ago
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Hello my name is Anthony
Welcome
Thanks for the Question
No its unlikely to be the lamp if the power-light is green, please press the menu button on the sets own remote control does the menu come up please?
Anthony
The screen isn't coming on at all. The sound is there, but the screen is completely black.
Yes I understand but if you press the menu button of the sets own remote does the menu come up please or not?
Also do you have sound?
Anthony
Anthony, I am answering these questions before you ask them. Please read my responses closely. I clearly stated the sound is on but there is nothing on the screen, just black..
OK I am assuming then that when you press the menu button of the sets own remote control the menu does NOT come up (you see if there's no signal the screen will be black but the menu will come up)
So you have sound sorry for that
Can you see the lamp lit through the vents of the set?
Anthony
There is nothing at all on the screen and the lamp is not lit
You have had a look in the back of the set...
OK are you sure it is the power-light that is lit green?they are labelled on the set itself....because if the lamp is NOT lit that light should not be green
Anthony
The small light on the front is labeled "status" and it is green. I just removed and put the bulb back into place. When the bulb is out, the status light flashes orange. After replacing the bulb and reattaching the cover plate on the back of the unit, the status light goes back to a solid green.
Press and hold the ACTIVITY and CHANNEL DOWN button on the set itself for more than 5 seconds the status light will blink a two piece code like 3 blinks followed by 2 blinks as an example let me know this code please
Anthony
6 solid blinks with the status light green
Its the lamp.
Where did you get that new lamp from and for what price please?
Anthony
We ordered it from a parts place of Amazon. It was between $40-$50. Is that what it seems to be?
Those lamps are knock off copy lamps they are no good, we have endless trouble with those you need to get an OEM genuine lamp from mitsubishi ideally here
https://www.mitsubishi-tv.com/support/parts
or from www.dlplampsource.com they only sell genuine lamps, they cost more but that is the way it is.
Let me know if you need more help
A positive rating is appreciated thank you there will be a rating bar of smileys or stars with this post thanks again
Regards
Anthony
Thank you
Your Welcome
Please remember to rate the answer positively as this is the only way I receive anything from the site, please remember the question will remain open should you need further advice and it will remain open always so bookmark this page thanks again
Anthony