TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

The netflix version on my Toshiba smart TV needs to be upgraded.What

Customer Question
do I need to do/...
The netflix version on my Toshiba smart TV needs to be upgraded.What do I need to do/
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: TV
6/21/2015
TV Technician: Shahid, Technician replied 2 years ago
Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Hello, my name is***** be happy to assist you.
Please allow me to ask you a few questions to diagnose the problem.
- Do you get software upgrade message on TV screen when run Netflix app?
- Was TV working fine before and recently got this issue?
Thanks.
no and yes it was working fine.getting error code -4-8
error code:nw-4-8
OK, if you are experiencing this issue you will need to exit the Netflix App and complete the firmware update. Please follow the procedure below...
- Power OFF the TV and wait 30 seconds.
- Power ON the TV and wait until an image is displayed on the screen.
- Press the Menu key on the TV remote.
- Cursor down to the Get Help option and press the OK key on the remote.
- Select the Software Upgrade option on the TV and press the OK key on the remote. At this point the TV will search for the latest software update.
- Follow the on-screen software update instructions and complete the upgrade.
WARNING: Do not interrupt the TV during the firmware update as it may become non-operational.
Please reply back with the result and if problem resolved then a positive rating to answer would be highly appreciated.
Thanks.
just turn off tv or uplug it
Unplug for 5 minutes would be fine to get it reset as well.
my tv says there is no upgrade available at this time. It is not the TV it self but the netflix app that needs upgraded from 4.0.3 to 4.0.6
I called toshiba and netflix and can not seam to get the help I need.When I got on this answer site it said it was toshiba tech support
I understand, this is JustAnswer.com and not Toshiba site.
Toshiba can only upgrade software of any application in TV and if TV says no upgrade available then there is no other way around and wait few days as Toshiba might release the upgrade.
Thanks.
Yes but I clicked the Toshiba site for tech support and you are what I got.I refuse to pay for no answer to my problem because you gave me no help at all .i had already done all that you advised me to do.
OK, do not rate the answer and leave it as it is and contact customer support at***@******.*** for any billing issue.
Thanks.
I feel that I should not be charged a $28 dollar fee for a question that was not answered.Thank you for trying.
I hope you would have got above reply, if not, here it is again..
Thanks.
Shahid
Shahid
Shahid, Technician