TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

I have a plasma tv and I just replaced the bulb reset the timer

Customer Question
and the screen still has...
I have a plasma tv and I just replaced the bulb reset the timer and the screen still has only a quarter of it that you can see could you tell me whats gon on the blink
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: TV
6/20/2015
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 2 years ago
Aric, Technician
Hello and sorry you're having problems. In order to determine what's causing this, I need to ask you for more information. 1) How long have you owned the set for and when did the problem occur?2) What is connected to the TV for sources (cable box, DVD player, etc.), and does this issue occur regardless of which source you're viewing from?3) If you press MENU using the original TV remote, or the MENU button on the TV itself- does the MENU display normally on the full screen?
bought it new in 2006 just an out side antenna no it does not a quarter of the screen is white and half of the screen is black
Thanks for the reply. So even with the TV's native MENU pulled up- it does not show normally on the screen? If so, this indicates a hardware failure in the set- more specifically in the Light Engine optics -which are what display the picture on the screen. Is this something you're looking to repair yourself, or are you looking for a repair estimate and service locator?
This isn't a setting or adjustment issue unfortunately as the TV's internal MENU supersedes all settings and connections, so we use this as a test to determine if the issue is something that requires repairs. The Light Engine in the set contains all of the optics that produce the image- so when we see this problem it's a fault somewhere in the Light Engine, and in many cases requires complete replacement of rebuilding of the Engine. The average cost for this type of repair is between $600-$800 parts and labor unfortunately as this is the most expensive component within the TV. I'm sorry for the bad news and wish there were a quick fix. If you do choose to have the set repaired you can use the link below to locate a tech in your area if you'd like: www.tvrepairpros.com If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click a POSITIVE RATING before you go- as it's how I am credited for my work. You can follow up at any time, at no additional cost.
Hello, I just wanted to follow up and see if you received the information you were looking for?
Aric, Technician