Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I use the Toshiba 62MH94 bulb. It does support Xfinithy X1

Customer Question

I use the Toshiba 62MH94 bulb. It does support Xfinithy X1 system. X1 calls for 1080i. I'm trying to fine a bulb that will give me the higher resolution. Any help?
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is***** be happy to assist you.
Please allow me to ask you a few questions to diagnose the problem.
- Can you please provide bit more details about the issue?
Thanks.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I use the Toshiba 62MH94 bulb. It does support Xfinithy X1 system. X1 calls for 1080i. I'm trying to find a bulb that will give me the higher resolution. Any help?

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

What other info do you need?

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Philip for the reply.
1080i or 720p etc are resolution of video signals and a bulb in TV has nothing to do with it, in fact it is matter of video processor and supporting circuitry utilized in TV, bulb is just a backlight source in TV to project the image/ picture generated in light engine/ optical block of TV to front screen of TV.
1080i video resolution works on Component Video input of a TV and HDMI input is ideal to get even higher video resolution that is 1080p along with 1080i or 720p, your Toshiba TV is capable to present 1080i resolution picture with same bulb if connect video source into HDMI input of TV, please check following link to view TV specs..
http://www.hdtvsolutions.com/Toshiba-62HM94.htm
I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on smiley face/star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work.
Regards,
Shahid.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I reviewed the specs and my manual. I see how to change 1080i using the remote. However the original remote was broken. When I ordered a replacement, I was sent a Universal Remote. It does not have the capability to change resolution. How do I change it from the controls on the front of TV?

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Press Menu to get menu screen on TV screen, use Channel up/down and Volume up/down buttons to navigate in menu and Menu button will also work as Enter to execute the menu item selection.Please check following link to download the TV user manual copy and check page 9 for more details about TV front control buttons.http://www.searspartsdirect.com/partsdirect/user-manuals/62HM94-toshiba-parts-DLP-manualI trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on smiley face/star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work. Regards,Shahid.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I did look at your replies. I have the manual, I looked at the manual specifically pg 9. I also looked at 34-35 of the menu layout, and pg. 19.

Here where I'm at. I have looked over all the pages and have gone to all the setting in the menu both in the manual and have not found how to set the resolution to 1080i. You are using up my questions without giving me specific answers. Just tell me how to select the resolution.

Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
TV will adjust itself if get 1080i video resolution signal through HDMI input and there is no setting available in any TV to change the resolution within TV, it depends on connected video source/ device that sends the video signal to TV and TV's job is to present whatever resolution it gets from video source.
If video source sends out high video resolution such as 1080i, a normal consumer TV will sense it and process it to present 1080i signal but can't boost/ upscale a low resolution to high resolution video signal itself.
Thanks.