TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

My model #is UN55D6005SFXZA, I have tried to connet to the…

Customer Question
My model #is UN55D6005SFXZA, I...
My model #is UN55D6005SFXZA, I have tried to connet to the internet for months and it just will not connect. Says local connection ok but no internet. I also need a replacement remote and can't find any on Samsung.com
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: TV
6/18/2015
TV Technician: Shahid, Technician replied 3 years ago
Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Hello, my name is***** be happy to assist you.
Please allow me to ask you a few questions to diagnose the problem.
- How did you run network setup in TV without TV remote?
Thanks.
I used a different remote for another Samsung tv.
OK, have you tried to run auto/easy network setup where TV fills DNS, Gateway data automatically?
Yes I have, numerous times. I have also copied the settings from my computer and tablet which are the same.
The message I get is as follows: local connection is complete,but cannot connect to the internet. Check the DNS settings from Network Settings.
I understand, that is why asked if you have tried auto-network setup option or manual where it needs to put DNS, gateway settings?
As I said earlier I have tried both ways a number of times and it didn't work. I have no problems with the DNS settings on any of my other devices.
OK, is it possible for you to connect TV to modem with Ethernet cable to see if it works or gives same error?
No way to they are in different sides of the house. The TV is a 55 inch and the computer is a very large desktop. Both too big and heavy to move and no ethernet cable that is long enough to reach.
OK, does your TV has built in wifi or there is LAN adapter plugged in USB port for wifi?
TV manual isn't clear on this info so I asked it.
It has a WiFi adapter from Samsung and I have the Chrome cast attached
ah OK, please unplug at least one thing from TV, either LAN adapter or Chrome Cast stick then run network settings in TV and reply back with the result.
Thanks.
Okay
Thanks.
Now it finds the wireless router but can not connect
What is unplugged from TV?
LAN adapter or Chrome Stick?
I would suggest to unplug Chrome Stick from TV, unplug TV power cord for 5 minutes to reset, replug back in turn it On then run network settings.
Please reply back with the result.
Thanks.
Chrome stick tried taking out the Samsung but tv said it had to be plugged in to setup network
Unplugged power just waiting to plug back in
Actually LAN adapter and Chrome stick, both are trying to connect to router so TV gets confused about what signal it should prefer to connect to network.
If unplug TV for 5 minutes doesn't work for LAN adapter then select TV source in TV by pushing Source button and go to setup and select Plug & Play option to restore TV to default settings then go through initial setup screen where network settings option will be asked.
Ok I'll try that in 3 minutes
This isn't going to affect my Direct TV settings is it?
Direct TV box would be hooked in HDMI input of TV through HDMI cable so it wont affect, all is needed to select correct HDMI input in TV by pressing Source button to get Direct TV picture.
Ok . The unplug TV didn't work so going to try the other method
OK, LAN adapter is still plugged in, correct?
Yes working on setup now
OK, if TV sees available networks around then it should connect to router that you select in the network list.
Nope says wireless connection failed. Invalid IP address from Network settings
OK, now please unplug LAN adapter from TV which seems not working for some reason and connect the Chrome stick in TV, replug TV power cord, select correct HDMI input where Chrome stick is plugged in to see if network setup option appears?
I had it on manual but changed it back to auto and still won't connect. Okay I'll let you know what happens in 5 minutes
OK, please reply back with Chrome stick result.
Will do
OK,
It say chrome cast connect to the network but can not connect to the internet
Network setup option should be available in Home screen of Chrome Cast stick that need to run to connect to router, do you get error message when run network setup on chrome cast home screen?
Just says to check that Internet connection is working otherwise use Chrome cast set up which I did and get the same message as above.
Says to run chrome cast app to choose a different network
I have tried the Chrome cast network and my home network and neither can connect to the internet
OK, please check following video clip that would help to run setup correctly..
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bdRWQ7kq67Y
Please reply back with the result.
Thanks.
It's getting late can we finish this tomorrow. Had no idea it would take this long
No problem, we can continue it by tomorrow.
Thanks.
Thank you talk to you tomorrow. Good night
Thank you, ***** ***** sleep!