TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I own a Panasonic TV, TH-50PX77U since 2007. We moved in June…

Customer Question
I own a Panasonic TV...
I own a Panasonic TV, TH-50PX77U since 2007. We moved in June 2013 and since then we had a problem with the screen. Every once in a while the top half of the screen goes blank. Is it something that could be fixed?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/17/2015
TV Technician: Anthony_Infotech, Technician replied 3 years ago
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Hello my name is Anthony
Welcome
Thanks for the Question
Does it go black or blank?not lit in that area is black
Anthony
Good morning Anthony
The top half of the screen goes black, and sometimes comes back on but with an unclear picture and colours.
Its a Y scan board or buffer board issue the first checks as a procedure are the ribbon cables around the Y scan and buffer boards they should be taken out and re-inserted then the set tried again if that does not work the buffers replaced first are you able to do this work yourself?
I will provide all the necessary info
I am sorry its nothing easier
Let me know please
A positive rating is appreciated note the question will remain open
Anthony
Hello
I am interested to know how this is working out please?
Please understand this is an on-going trouble-shooting exercise
Let me know if you don't think you can handle the task
Thank You
Anthony