TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Have Vizio Tv fairly new 6 mos. bottom of screen is messaging…

Customer Question
Have Vizio Tv fairly new...
Have Vizio Tv fairly new 6 mos. bottom of screen is messaging "loading" and "searching for available updates" Then at bottom of screen boxes popping up with Yahoo, Utube, Netflix, etc. Also, am unable to use Netflix or any of the other things. Have already called tech at Xfinity and he checked everything and he said it is something going on with the TV. He said that you would be able to walk me through steps to correct this. Can you correct for me?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: TV
6/17/2015
TV Technician: Shahid, Technician replied 3 years ago
Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Hello, my name is***** be happy to assist you.
I'm sorry you are having trouble with the TV.
This is problem with Vizio TV, please try following steps that might help to resolve the problem..
1. Unplug power to your router.
2. Perform a Clear Memory or Reset to Default on the TV as this should resolve the issue.
If problem still persist, try following procedure..
A. Using the VIZIO remote, press the Menu button.
B. Use the Arrow buttons on the remote to highlight System and press OK.
C. Highlight Reset & Admin and press OK.
D. Highlight Reset TV to Factory Defaults and press OK.
E. If you have not manually reset the parental code, please input 0 0 0 0 when it asks for the password.
F. Highlight Reset and press OK.
G. Wait for the TV to turn off.
The TV will turn back on shortly afterward and the Setup App process will begin.
Plug power back to router.
Perform the setup process and reconnect to your network.
Please reply back with the result and if problem resolved then a positive rating to answer would be highly appreciated.
Thanks.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
I'm sorry, I can't make phone call to you. Have you tried the steps posted in previous reply?
Nothing you suggested worked. Menu would not stay long enough to click on anything. But finally kept trying and I could not connect to internet. I finally called a tech at Vizio and he helped to connect to internet but now I have lost Netflix.
Have you tried to go to your Netflix account through computer and add your TV as a device to get it register with Netflix for video streaming?
It happens if restore TV to default settings.