TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a cog on my screen now can't get anything else tried…

Customer Question
I have a cog on...
I have a cog on my screen now can't get anything else tried unplugging for 15sec and the cog still comes up.Help!!
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: TV
Now the cog is gone and the no signal is on and I have checked all the connections
Answered in 1 hour by:
6/17/2015
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 3 years ago
Aric, Technician
Hello and sorry you're having problems.
The cog on the scree means the TV is stuck in "Tools/Setup".
Have you tried using the original Samsung remote and pressing MENU?
If so, what comes up on the screen?
Additionally, what is the model number off of the back of the TV?
If there is no signal now, then the TV's on the incorrect "Source"- which you use the Samsung remote Source button to select between.
In order to know which source to select- you need to know what source you're plugged into for broadcasts on the back of the TV.
For instance your cable box (is applicable) could be connected to HDMI 1, or component 1, etc.
If you check the back of the TV where the box connects to, you will see it's labeled and you can then use the source button to select the corresponding selection.
If there's still no signal- reboot your cable box by disconnecting it from wall power, and then plugging it back in.
Please reply back with specifics of your setup if you need further help.
If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click a POSITIVE RATING before you go- as it's how I am credited for my work. You can follow up at any time, at no additional cost.
I did what you told me to do and a big red X is on the screen now
Okay, I need details as I had said at the end of my last post.
1) Are you using a cable box?
2) Do you know what SOURCE you view the cable box from?
3) Have you rebooted the cable box?
4) What remote are you trying to use?
The solution depends on the details.
Hello, I just wanted to follow up and see if you received the information you were looking for?