TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

My neighbors tv started to develop a problem when he recently…

Customer Question
my neighbors tv started to...
my neighbors tv started to develop a problem when he recently went to use it , it would screech and the screen got weird/ all different colors in lines horizontally, and then it would clear and work. over the last few weeks it got worse and now won't come on even though it shows power on. is it fixable ?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: TV
6/17/2015
TV Technician: Mike G., Technician replied 3 years ago
Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Hello, my name is***** am an independent tech connected to you via this pay for assistance website service. Your satisfaction is my top priority and in return your positive rating is the only way I will receive credit for my time.
This could be a power board issue or a main board issue. The tv needs to be opened up and examined. If you have some electronics experience and want to attempt a DIY repair then REPLY back here and I will be happy to help. If you don't feel comfortable with this kind of repair then you would need to call a repair shop. Keep in mind, they will collect a non-refundable diagnostic fee up front of $100-$135, then another $150 labor plus up to $75 for the parts, so the advice I've given you is well worth it, considering the time and money you would have spent using a local repair shop.
Before you go any further, please be sure to take a moment right now to click the positive rating so that I get credit for helping you today. Doing so does not finish or close the question or prevent us from continuing our conversation here. My livelihood truly depends on your positive rating.
I'm sorry there is no easy fix but please do not click bad-poor rating if you are unhappy with your product. Doing that blames me for your problem, destroys my standing here as a professional, and does not issue you a refund. Instead REPLY back here.
Thank you,