TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

We have a five year old Vizio flat screen HD television. No

Customer Question
We have a five year...
We have a five year old Vizio flat screen HD television. No trouble to date. This morning we turned it on and everything was fine for a little while and then the sound went off but the picture stayed. Called Comcast and they walked us through everything and still no sound. We are not TV experts but we are satisfied with what we have checked.
Is there anything we have missed or still need to check. We do not want to have to buy a new TV. We are retired and living on a moderate fixed income. We have also unplugged the HD input cable--unplugged and replugged it. No change.
Thnk you for any help you can give us.
XXX XXXXXX
Thank you for any help you can give us.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: TV
6/16/2015
TV Technician: Jack, Technician replied 2 years ago
Jack
Jack, Technician
Hello , my name is Jack
Perhaps I can help you with this problem .
I don`t know what Comcast had you try but I can tell you that they are often remarkably inept at troubleshooting their own equipment and rarely if ever will suggest a cold reboot that fixes the sound problem 90% of the time.
Here it is ;
Pull the cable box`s power cord off the wall outlet (cable box only) for a minute.
In the mean time turn off the tv and turn it back on only after you plug back the cable box power cord.
Note that it may take a couple of minutes for the cable box to reboot after you plug it back ,just give it time.
Let me know how that goes and please take the time to rate my answer positively (use the stars to rate) if that answers your question / does the trick as it is the only way i get paid for helping you , otherwise do not rate at all , just let me know and we`ll try something else.
Note that you can reach me here at any time after rating if you have questions.
I see that you came here , saw my answer and then opened another post (a duplicate) and got the same answer .
So I will opt out now.
Good luck
TV Technician: Shahid, Technician replied 2 years ago
Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Hello, my name is***** be happy to assist you.
Please allow me to ask you a few questions to diagnose the problem.
- Can you please get me the model number off of your Vizio TV?
Thanks.
Where do I find the model number?
Model number would be written on label pasted at back cover of TV.
Our TV is mounted on the wall over the fireplace and I cannot get to it.
OK, TV model number is ***** info to get related manual for troubleshooting purpose, please reply back with TV model number info whenever it convenient to continue.
Thanks.
Problem solved by a technician who came to the house!. He thinks there is an electrical issue w/the cable box and it needs to be replaced by Comcast.
Thank you very much for your time and assistance!
Sounds good, have nice time!
Thanks.
Shahid
Shahid
Shahid, Technician