TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Yes I have an insignia 60tv 850fhyb10 is through E model number…

Customer Question
Yes I have an insignia...
Yes I have an insignia 60tv 850fhyb10 is through
E model number it has power but will not come on it sounds like it makes a noise like it turn on thru off and back again, we have the back off any suggestions
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: TV
6/16/2015
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 3 years ago
Aric, Technician
Hello and sorry you're having problems. I may be able to help, but I need to ask for more info.
1) Is this the model number from the back of the TV itself (the Insignia model number off the sticker)?
2) What is your experience regarding repairs- do you have a Meter, can you measure live voltages?
3) What have you done so far?
Yes I can use a multimeter , just need to know g
what setting to turn it on like a or dc
Please reply to the rest of the info request.
The model is a 60inch insignia model# ***** and we have the back off looking for damage
Thanks for the reply.
Please tell me exactly what the set does when plugged into power.
Also, exactly what the set does once you press the power button.
All of this is pertinent in narrowing down to the root cause.
It makes a clicking sound as it turns off and on
As soon as it's plugged in?
Or only after power is pressed?
Yes as soon as it's plugged in, goes though the on Ana off, the power light stays on but has no effect when pushed
Okay good, this means your Mainboard is likely at fault.
However, please set your meter to DC volts, ground the black probe to the metal frame of the TV, and use the red probe to test the pins labeled 5 volt on the power supply board. Let me know what you get.
Where exactly are the pins labeled 5 volts and do you have it plugged in
And on the multimeter is it dcv and which setting ex. 200 m 20, 200 or 1000
I'm afraid I don't have time to continue tonight, as I have two orders I need to attend. I will opt out to open the question up for others to assist.
Not satisfied, do not charge my card, thanks
TV Technician: Shahid, Technician replied 3 years ago
Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Hello, my name is***** be happy to assist you.
Please allow me to ask you a few questions to diagnose the problem.
Select 20V DC on your multimeter, touch black lead to metal frame of TV for ground and touch red lead to pin-2 of connector CN801 of power supply board, pin is marked as STBY, plug TV power cord in and check.
What volts reading appears on meter?
Thanks.
Does it have to be plugged in
If you are asking about TV then yes, it has to be plugged in power outlet.
5.20
OK, is the 5V stay constant and doesn't go low while TV clicks Off and On?
Also, check volts on pin-1 on same connector which would be marked as PS-ON or some thing similar.
Does the volts go high and low on pin-1?
.07 to point 41 fluctuates
Checked it goes from .7 to .8
Thanks for testing volts.
Now on opposite side of CN801 there is another connector CN801, set your meter to 200V DC range and use red lead to check VA and VS volts on that connector.
Do you get any reading?
Is it the opposite side of the power cord that we just tested
Correct, CN804 would be located on opposite edge of this board.
I mistakenly wrote wrong number of connector in previous reply, it should be CN804
Put the red connecter in VA nothing
OK and what about Vs pin?
Sorry the VA read .8 and have to vsand they were 0.00
OK, please pull the plug of CN804 and again check VA and VS volts.
Do you still get same readings?
The VA is 3.3and the the vs both read 1.0
Would that be 200 dcv, or 200m....?
Are you still there....?
OK, thanks for the tests.
It seems power board is not providing Va and Vs volts to scan boards located on either sides of TV and one of scan board would also be short/bad and usually on left side board goes out calls y-main board. Va and Vs should be 200V and 60V DC.
Please check following link to view the y-main board image..
http://www.shopjimmy.com/samsung-bn96-20048a-y-main-board.htm
Board swapping is only option here to move forward in troubleshooting process so swap the power board and y-main board in TV to see if it fix the issue?
If it doesn't then again check Va and Vs volts output as done in previous replies and if TV still makes clicking sound (on-off) then main board would be next suspected thing, not sure why these boards went out in TV, probably surge volts or lightning storm hit the TV?
Please check with following supplier to get replacement boards or search/google them with the part number off of required board to get price info...
http://www.shopjimmy.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=ns-51p680a12
I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on smiley face/star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work.
Regards,
Shahid.
Please do not set your meter to 200m as it is milivolt settings and meter will burn out in second if touch to 200V DC pin.
Do you have the part # ***** THE POWER BOARD
Part numbers of boards are appended below..
BN44-00444D (PSPF331501C) Power Supply Board
BN96-20048A (LJ92-01764B) Y-Main Board (left side scan board)
BN96-20046A (LJ92-01763B) X-Main Board (right side scan board)
BN94-04967D (BN41-01718A) Main Board for NS-51P680A12
Please note that all boards utilized in this TV are made by Samsung and contain Samsung part numbers.
Regards,
Shahid.