TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I need to ugrade the software on my sony tv

Customer Question
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/15/2015
TV Technician: Shahid, Technician replied 2 years ago
Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Hello, my name is***** be happy to assist you.
Please allow me to ask you a few questions to diagnose the problem.
- Can you please intimate the problem in TV that you think upgrading the software will fix it?
Thanks.
Please reply here and do not post duplicate question.
I got following info in your other question that has been closed..
"I use to get netflix on my sony lcd tv but now it will not load"
- Do the other internet applications work on TV?
Thanks.
I was told by a sony tech over the phone that my software which is v1.102 needs an up grade. I was getting netflick but now it won't upload
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
OK, please go to following Sony link, download the firmware (software) upgrade (version v1.245) file and copy it on USB memory as per instructions mentioned on the page, plug it in USB port of Sony to upgrade TV software..https://esupport.sony.com/US/p/swu-download.pl?mdl=KDL40EX640&upd_id=8403&os_group_id=18I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on smiley face/star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work. Regards,Shahid.
Shahid
Shahid
Shahid, Technician