Jack
Jack, Technician
Experience:  40 years experience as audio,video repair and installation tech
39158752

My 65" mitsubishi 1080 will not come on green light just

Customer Question

My 65" mitsubishi 1080 will not come on green light just blinks
Category: TV
Expert:  Jack replied 2 years ago.
Hello , my name is Jack
Perhaps I can help you with this problem but first could you please lookup your tv`s model number located on the back cover ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
WS 65613
Expert:  Jack replied 2 years ago.
Hello , thanks for the model number .You could try this but I don`t expect this to work ;Unplug the TV's power cord and hold the power button directly on the tv ,keep holding it for 20 secs or so then let the tv sit unplugged for a couple of minutes before you try it again. This is a rear projection tv with picture tubes and deflection + high voltage circuits .The error code 23 indicates a loss of deflection .The manual doesn`t say much else on that , for example if it is vertical or horizontal deflection and high voltage affection but by experience this is a horizontal deflection circuit and you also lost the high voltage.Not sure what you expected here but I can tell you that this is not a do it yourself type of job unless you were a tech. and the proud owner of a tv repair shop.Right now this deflection failure could be anything like hor. drive failure or its output transistor , flyback (high voltage transformer) in which case the parts could be very difficult to come by and finally high voltage block .It would be difficult to give you an idea of the cost in terms of parts but I can tell you that you can easily expect this to cost in the $300 +If i may be frank , considering the age of the tv and the fact that you can get a new 60" plasma tv with all the bells and whistles for around or less than $600 or $700 ,I would think twice before investing that kind of money into this one.Still , If you go for the repair shop option then look at the links below and enter your zip code ;www.tvrepairpros.comOr this one;http://www.tvrepairman.comThis will give you a list of repair shops in your area.You could give a call to different shops in your area to get an idea of their rates , it pays to shop around.Wish i had better news and an easier solution for you today ,like some sort of reset but this is not the case i`m afraid .Hope this help and I will be in standby if you have any questions.Thank you and please take the time to rate my answer if that answers your question and you can still reach me here at anytime after this chat is rated if you have other questions.Please note that from where i`m sitting there is just so much that i can do and if you are going to rate my answer below O.K service then please do not rate at all , just let me know.