Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I have a TC50PX14 I sent main board out I got board

Customer Question

I have a TC50PX14 I sent main board out for repair I got board back set comes on but I cant ADJUST SIZE OF Picture its to small aspect show on screen but has no affect
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is***** be happy to assist you.
Please allow me to ask you a few questions to diagnose the problem.
- Have you tried to restore default settings in TV that might help to resolve the issue?
Thanks.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
yes
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
OK, what was the procedure applied to reset the TV?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I reset to factory settings is that what you mean?
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Correct, thats what I need to know, how did you reset the TV?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I went in menue found reset to factory settings when I did picture stayed the same
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
OK, please check following link and try default reset as shown on page link and reply back with the result..
ftp://ftp.panasonic.com/television/howto/how_to_reset_your_panasonic_viera_howto.html
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I did what it said but it stayed the same and when I try to use aspect on remote picture moves but only in the small space it has about a 5"boarder on one side and about 3on the other side.I know there must be a factory setting to adj .
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
OK, What video devices/ sources (such as cable box DVD player etc) are connected to TV and does the problem occur on all video input sources?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I just have it connected to cable direct I tried dvd to hdmi still the same.
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
OK, please turn Off connected video devices/ sources then push menu button on TV or its remote.
Does menu screen appear normal or smaller?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
on analog stations its small on HDstations its a little bigger.
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
I requested in previous reply to push menu button on TV or its remote and check, does TV own menu appear as normal size or still smaller?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
normal size
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
OK, at this point I would suggest to update TV firmware (internal software) to see if it helps?
Please go to following Panasonic link and download firmware file along with instructions file to proceed...
http://www2.panasonic.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/vSupportDownloadDetail?storeId=15001&idval=UCM_STG_CNT_039183
If it still doesn't fix the issue then I'm afraid it would be A board problem and it need to return back to repairer to check and test. I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on smiley face/star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work.
Regards,
Shahid.
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Hi there,
I wanted to briefly follow up with you and see how the info worked, and see if that accomplished what you were looking to do!
Please reply back here if there is additional questions.
Thank you.