TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I lost the channel selector Motorola lg tv. I bought

Customer Question
I lost the channel selector...
I lost the channel selector for my Motorola lg tv. I bought a new channel selector at a
Walmart store, an RCA selector. I followed directions to get it to work on my Motorola tv.
I got it to work to the point I could get channel 18 only, nO volume control.
PLEASE help me-# ***** can call you?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/13/2015
TV Technician: Jack, Technician replied 3 years ago
Jack
Jack, Technician
Hello , my name is Jack
Perhaps I can help you with this problem but first i would have a few questions ;
Is this tv connected to a cable box/converter,satellite receiver,digital converter etc ?
Or directly to antenna/cable from the wall outlet ,no box with its own remote ?
When you say "channel selector" , do you mean remote controller ?
IT'S A LG MOTOROLA TV. THE REMOTE CONTROL DEVICE IS AN ,RCA , MAKE A DIFFERERANCE?
O.k then it would have nothing to do with the "channel 18 only"
How do you normally change the channels anyway ?
Could you please lookup your tv`s model number located on the back cover ?
Your tv surely must be a LG as Motorola hasn`t made a tv since the early 70`s and then it was quasar/motorola
TV SERIAL # *****
Sorry but the serial does not help .Is this a LCD or plasma tv ?How old is it approx. ?What size ?
lcd TV 5YRS OLD 38 INCHES
jACK I DON'T THINK YOU ARE FOR REAL
ok then that would be 2010 or 2011 nd the model would be a 39" with a number that would look like 39LN5300 or 5700 , could you look for such a number ?
Not for real ??Last time I pinched myself , I was still there , can also try it again to make sure :)Does that sound real ?