TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have sound but no picture. When the sound has been on a few…

Customer Question
I have sound but no...
I have sound but no picture. When the sound has been on a few seconds it cutes off and the power light flashes red 4 times and the ***** *****ght once and repeats.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: TV
6/13/2015
TV Technician: Mike G., Technician replied 3 years ago
Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Hello, my name is***** am an independent tech connected to you via this pay for assistance website service. Your satisfaction is my top priority and in return your positive rating is the only way I will receive credit for my time. To get started we need more information (additional details may be required):
1. What is the full model number of the Tv? see sticker on back of tv
2. How long have you had the Tv?
3. Did you replace the lamp with a new one? where did you purchase the new lamp and how much did it cost?
** REPLY to continue **
** do NOT start a new question **
** REFRESH this page if you don't see my reply **
** IGNORE the subscription POP UPS **
model#wd60638,we had the t.v. about6 years, we just replaced the bulb tonight ,bought the bulb through Mitsubishi electric,paid 118.90
Was the old lamp blown/popped?
Were you getting this exact symptom before, with the old lamp? or was the symptom different?
the same symptoms,just thought it would help
Can you verify the "power light flashes red 4 times and the ***** *****ght once and repeats"... Because that is not a valid blink/error code according to the official technical documents. Please try this:
Unplug the tv POWER cord.
Pull the lamp out.
Insert the lamp back in.
Put the lamp door onto the tv.
Plug in the tv POWER cord.
After the rapid flashing LED stops, press the power button one time.
Observe the tv trying to turn on and after it fails to come on, watch the LED blink code VERY CAREFULLY and reply back.
I did that now it flashes red5 times and 1time amber
There is no 5 red amber 1. Here is a list of possible two digit blink codes (red is first digit, amber is second digit):
16
17
18
24
34
36
37
44
48
57
66
I know you think I'm crazy but it really is more red than amber I went over and counted again and got 6,1
No, we just cannot give you any kind of real diagnosis unless the error code matches what the official technical manual says. I don't want to give you any wrong information
well I guess we are done. Because I can't tell you anything different.
goodluck
thanks have a nice night
you too