TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

My Sony Kdl52v5100 will not power up

Customer Question
My Sony Kdl52v5100 will not power up
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: TV
6/12/2015
TV Technician: Louie, Technician replied 2 years ago
Louie, Technician
Hi and welcome to JustAnswer,Thank you for the question and your patience. Should you still need assistance for information purposes only...Initially, s the TV completely / electrically dead? Or is there at least a blinking light?
Louie, thank you for the reply. the TV does not click and no lights light up when power button pushed. The TV was fine before hit by power surge. lightning actually struck a tree 50' from house in yard. the only physical connections to the TV at the time of surge were AC power, HDMI from play station, and HDMI from CATV box. CATV box will now not turn on and AC house breaker feeding outlet was tripped. Need to isolate if it is the power board, main board, or inverters. I was a bench tech for years - although many years ago :-) - and I do have the service manual. what voltages should i have on CN6501 to CN6600? where do you recommend I start?
Appreciate the additional information. Proposed foremost check would be for the presence and consistency of the standby voltage STBY3.3V on pin 3 of connector CN6150 of the G5/Power Supply board.
Thank you. Will check this morning.
Appreciate the post back and an update later or when able. Cheers.
Louie, thank you. I am not finding a connector "CN6150 of the G5/Power Supply board"??
I understand. Please click HERE. Does the power supply board looks like the product shown ?
Appreciate the information. Please check for the presence and consistency of ST-BY 3.3V at the CN6202 connector
Louie, Technician