TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Replaced lamp.still have a black screen and no volume.when…

Customer Question
replaced lamp.still have a black...
replaced lamp.still have a black screen and no volume.when you turn on tv green light has a quick blink and stays on for about1 minuite and then no light for about 1 min.and then red light comes on and stays on made dec, 2010. 73" dlp
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/9/2015
TV Technician: Anthony_Infotech, Technician replied 3 years ago
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Hello my name is Anthony
Welcome
Thanks for the Question
I will need the model number please found on the back of the set?
Anthony
wd-73738
Where did you get the lamp from please and for what price?
Anthony
ordered on line mits. invoice has dlp lamp sourse part no. mits. 915b441001
109.00 in cage
sku hrp-915b441001
So you got the lamp from dlplampsource.com?
That will likely be a genuine OEM lamp the thing is and its most unusual for a genuine lamp, its not working, you need to send it back as a red status light simply means the lamp has failed, it can happen though.
Let me know if you need more info/help or have anything else to add
A positive rating is appreciated thank you there will be a rating bar with this post thanks again
Regards
Anthony
called up where I purchased lampand they said to remove and reinstall lamp. I did , I got a green fashing light for about 30 secs and then light off. different...
seeding lamp back.
Yes if the set had a different issue other than that it would behave differently, on these sets its a self diagnostic blinking of the lights red and yellow you are not getting that happening but a straight red status light which simply means the lamp is bad, I have only EVER had one other failure with a lamp from dlplampsource this is since 2009 so they are reputable.
Let me know the outcome
Anthony
Hello
How is this working out please?
Let me know thanks
Anthony