Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

How do I turn off stand by mode. T.v will not turn on.

Customer Question

Category: TV
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 years ago.
Hello, I’m Nathan, and I’ll be assisting you today. My livelihood depends on your positive feedback, so your satisfaction is my highest priority. Sorry to hear you’re having trouble. To aid in the diagnostic process, please answer the following for me:1) Any signs of life at all from the tv?2) Solid or flashing power/status light (any pattern if flashing)?3) Any brightness from the screen?4) Any normal tv audio, or other sounds (buzzing, humming, clicking, etc)?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No 1. Yes
No 2. Stand by mode is flashing
No 3. No
No 4. No sound.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
How to cancel stand by mode?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Nothing to add
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Answer
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 years ago.
Can you give me the full model number of the tv please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Do not know
It uses a rmy181 remote
Expert:  Nathan replied 2 years ago.
I cannot give you a complete answer without the model number of the tv. The remote doesn't help with that unfortunately. If you look on the back of the tv there should be a sticker indicating the model number, which usually starts with a K