TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

My 5 yr old 32" Sanyo TV audio isn't sharp. It sounds kind of blurred. I tried

Customer Question
My 5 yr old 32"...
My 5 yr old 32" Sanyo TV audio isn't sharp. It sounds kind of blurred. I tried hooking it up to some separate speakers and ear plugs with no improvement.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: TV
6/9/2015
TV Technician: Jack, Technician replied 2 years ago
Jack
Jack, Technician
Hello and thanks for the request .
When you said that you tried it on separate speakers , what type of speakers are we talking about ?
Speakers with an amplifier like computer speaker , sound bar etc. ?
Is this tv connected to a cable box/converter,satellite receiver,digital converter etc ?
Or directly to antenna/cable from the wall outlet ,no box with its own remote ?
It is connected to wall cable outlet
Yes but I need to double check here ;
There are no cable box with its own remote and you are changing the channels with the TV's own remote is that correct ?
How about those external speakers ?
There is not a cable box that this tv is connected to. I change channels with TV's own remote. The speakers are ones previously connected to my pc.
O.k then in that case it looks like your TV's audio circuit is defective if you have that problem on all channels and there are no other sources available to get the sound (like a cable box) from so you could use those computer speakers.This means that either the TV's main board would need to be replaced or you could get a digtal tv converter that would act as a tuner/cable box for your tv and the sound could be taken out of it for your speakers.Here is an example ;http://www.amazon.com/3500STBII-Multi-Function-Converter-Recording-Playback/dp/B00GOILYB6/ref=dp_ob_title_ceThat one even records , has its own remote and you could take the sound out of itIt would go between the cable from the wall outlet and tv , somewhat like a vcr of old.Otherwise as I said , you would need to replace that main board and it cost $70 to buy.Let me know if that is how you wish to proceed and I will help you along.If that answers your question please do not forget to rate or you can use the reply button before or after rating if you have other questions ,Thanks again for requesting me .
Jack
Jack
Jack, Technician