TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I am trying to set up my internet connection to my new Vizio…

Customer Question
I am trying to set...
I am trying to set up my internet connection to my new Vizio TV.
when I click on "network setup", it goes to the register screen; when
I complete the registration screen and hit "next" it goes back to the
"network setup" screen; if I hit "skip" it also goes back to the "network setup"
screen. How do I get out of this loop?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/9/2015
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 3 years ago
Aric, Technician
Hello and sorry you're having problems. I may be able to help, but I need to ask for more info.
1) What is the model number off the back of the TV?
2) Is it being connected via Wi-Fi, or a Wired connection?
3) Did you purchase this set brand new from an authorized retailer?
Vizio M70-C3Wifi
New from Best Buy
Please unplug the TV, then unplug your router (to give the TV a fresh IP address when it's plugged back in).
Press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote) for 15 seconds and release.
Then plug TV back in and turn it on.
Plug your router back in and wait for it to boot up (please also make sure your router is within a fairly close proximity to the TV).
Then see if you are able to run through the TV's initial setup and let me know what happens.
same thing
Are you able to simply exit the setup screen by pressing Input on the remote please?
no
Okay, go to Network, and let me know if you have the screen where it shows "Wired" (Disconnected), and "Wireless Access Point" below that.
Are you still with me?