TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

How do I turn on my model E320i-AO without the remote cont

Customer Question
rol...
how do I turn on my model E320i-AO without the remote cont rol
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/9/2015
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 2 years ago
Aric, Technician
Hello and sorry you're having problems. I may be able to help, but I need to ask for more info.
1) How long have you owned the set for?
2) Are there any signs of life on the TV at all (power light white, or amber)?
3) How were you turning it on previous to this problem?
1) 2 or 3 years
2) no
3) remote control
Okay, if there's no power light then its likely the TV has a hardware issue- and the problem has nothing to do with the remote or power button.
However the power button is on the back of the TV (right rear if facing the back), and the power button is at the top of the buttons).
Pressing power won't give a response if the power light is not lit on the front of the TV though.
We often see these sets develop faults after a few years, and in most cases it requires replacement of a component (the Power Supply Board being the most common).
However it's worth it to try a hard reset, as sometimes the processor in the TV can simply have locked up.
The first thing you would try, is disconnect the set from power, then press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote), for 10 seconds and release. Then plug the set back in, and also check that the power cord is connected tight at the TV as well. Press power once, and see if the set powers up. Try this procedure up to 3 times if subsequent tries do not work. Please reply back and we can proceed.
This set has NO power button or any other buttons on the set
Manual with the model number you posted is below. Scroll to page 6: http://cdn.vizio.com/documents/downloads/hdtv/E320iA0/UM_E320iA0.pdf
If there are still no signs of life on the TV, then this indicates the power supply board has failed (which is the most common fault in this set), and needs to be replaced in order for the set to function normally again. If you're looking to repair the set yourself, then the power board can be purchased at the link below for under $35:
http://www.tvpartsguy.com/vizio-e320i-a0-power-supply-board-pslf660102m-0500-0514-2050/?gclid=Cj0KEQjw-tSrBRCk8bzDiO__gbwBEiQAk-D31ZcNu8uWBBoloHk3kMKZBYk1ux9Pqw2CFegqaibF2DoaAhdW8P8HAQ
Alternatively a shop will typically charge $175 parts and labor for this repair and can be located using the link below:
www.tvrpairpros.com
I'm sorry for the bad new and wish there were a quick fix.
If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click a POSITIVE RATING before you go- as it's how I am credited for my work. You can follow up at any time, at no additional cost.
Aric, Technician