TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

My vizio stays on a black screen when I turn it on. The word

Customer Question
vizio in the bottom of...
My vizio stays on a black screen when I turn it on. The word vizio in the bottom of the TV changes from yellow to white, but no image on the screen. HELP!
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/7/2015
TV Technician: Anthony_Infotech, Technician replied 2 years ago
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Hello and Welcome
Thank You for the Question
My name is Anthony
Just a little info so you understand clearly how this works.
I am an independent verified technician
Your question will be given the best possible advice on the understanding that you rate the answer positively with the rating bar that will be of stars or smileys with the answer (not an info request), this is the only way I am allowed to receive funds from the site for my work thank you.
Please do not open a new question! stick with this one at all times. Bookmark this page so you can easily get back here (CTRL+D)
Please allow time for me to research your model and to type a reply this could be up to 5mins , also please be aware that if you reply at a later time I may not be at my computer but I WILL reply back.
If for any reason you are not happy with the answer do NOT rate me negatively but reply back to me so I understand your displeasure and have a chance to explain my answer or offer you an alternative.
Also please understand rating negatively does not instigate a refund.
Thanks for taking the time to read now on with your question....
Is there any sound please?
Anthony
No sound. I press the volume buttons/ channel buttons and input button on the side of the TV but do not see the usual volume bar or other images that normally come up.
If you press the menu button of the sets own remote control does the menu appear please?
Anthony
It does not.
Two things this can be
1 The back-light is out and you have lost the sound because the input has been lost
2 The main-board is bad
If you look at the display is there any visible light at all on the display please?
Connect up a DVD player or similar and continually press the INPUT or SOURCE button of the remote control slowly can you hear the sound come through?
Anthony
I connected a DVD player to the TV and pressed the input button with enough time between presses to cycle through but there was no sound coming from the TV.
OK and you do not see any visible light at all on the display no dull glow?
Anthony
No glow at all.
OK because you have no sound checks will need to be made on the power-board to make sure all the voltages are up, can you use a meter?because this will need to be checked to eliminate it
Let me know please
Anthony
I have taken off the back cover of the TV and i do have a voltage meter, but I do not know how to go about checking the voltage on the power board. If you show me in a picture, I am sure I can figure it out.
Yes you only need to reply back to say you have a meter I will provide info
Have a look on the power-board there will be a plug and socket going to the main-board (thats the one with all the AV connectors on)you need to set the meter to low volts dc say 30volts or around that depending on the meter and then have a look on the board as it usually has the voltages stamped on the board for that particular plug, then its red lead to each metal pin of the plug black lead to metal chassis and read the voltages (if any)if you can read off each corresponding voltage stamped on the board let me know if these are all correct please
There is no photo I am afraid any problems let meknow
Anthony
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician