TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

How do I unlock the TV? I just hooked up cable and can't access

Customer Question
How do I unlock the...
How do I unlock the TV? I just hooked up cable and can't access anything because the source keeps going back to AV which is locked with a 4 digit code. I never entered a code. I just moved and maybe something shifted during the move? Help, please.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/7/2015
TV Technician: Anthony_Infotech, Technician replied 2 years ago
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Hello my name is Anthony
Welcome
Thanks for the Question
I will need the model number please found on the back of the set?
Thank You
Anthony
LCD3708A
OK please just give me 5 minutes to go through this please
Thank You
Anthony
Its 0000 for the default code
Let me know if that works or not please
Anthony
It still won't let me get to any other source than AV
If you press the menu does that come up?
Anthony
I turn tv on.it says no signal. I go to source. I click on tv. It gives me the screen for Picture, contrast.etc then kicks me back to AV. Can't get to any other source.
I can never get to the Channel icon on any source.
Can you navigate to the lock on the top of the menu?then press arrow down button to highlight and enter 0000?
Anthony
Did that. Still won't let me get to the Channel icon and kicks me back to AV.
Is it asking like you said earlier for a 4 digit code?
Have you EVER changed that code from 0000?
Anthony
I was able to enter 0000, shows lock is off, but still won't let me get to channel icon. Kicks me back to AV.
Then when I go back to AV it shows I have to enter the code (which I just turned off)!
Go here
Download the manual and go to page 23
http://www.curtisint.com/web/browser.asp?productID=LCD3708A&catName=&brand=CURTIS&manual=LCD3708A
There is some more additional info there for US programming you may need to do that too
Let me know
Anthony
Not satisfactory. Please call me.(###) ###-####
I can only operate using this format calling you will be more confusing anyhow as you need to follow a procedure did you download the manual?did you go to page 23 of the manual?
Let meknow please
Anthony
I haven't changed any settings since I moved 1 month ago. It worked just fine then.
I have opted out please await another technician you don't need to do anything otherwise the question will leave the board thank you
Anthony
I looked at the manual pg 23. That's all fine. I CANNOT get to Channel icon. It may not be a password ***** - Except I CANNOT get past the Lock icon on the Menu.
.
I don't see another respinse, although I received a message alert that i had one.
Please do not respond as the question leaves the board and comes back to me so don't respond to this just await another tech please thank you
Anthony
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician