TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

LG 47LE8500 getting power but no picture (or sound). No illumination e…

Customer Question
LG 47LE8500 getting power but...
LG 47LE8500 getting power but no picture (or sound). No illumination even when selecting menu.
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/7/2015
TV Technician: Anthony_Infotech, Technician replied 3 years ago
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Hello and Welcome
Thank You for the Question
My name is Anthony
Just a little info so you understand clearly how this works.
I am an independent verified technician
Your question will be given the best possible advice on the understanding that you rate the answer positively with the rating bar that will be of stars or smileys with the answer (not an info request), this is the only way I am allowed to receive funds from the site for my work thank you.
Please do not open a new question! stick with this one at all times. Bookmark this page so you can easily get back here (CTRL+D)
Please allow time for me to research your model and to type a reply this could be up to 5mins , also please be aware that if you reply at a later time I may not be at my computer but I WILL reply back.
If for any reason you are not happy with the answer do NOT rate me negatively but reply back to me so I understand your displeasure and have a chance to explain my answer or offer you an alternative.
Also please understand rating negatively does not instigate a refund.
Thanks for taking the time to read now on with your question....
Let me know EVERYTHING you have done to rectify the problem concerning your question to stop me going over old ground please, if you have not done anything other than already stated please let me know thank you.
Regards
Anthony
If this is a monthly subscription please cancel immediately. I am not interested. So far Just answer seems like a bait and switch. I am willing to pay for what was advertised: expert advise on what board to buy so that I can fix my TV. If you cannot provide that please cancel.
I am the technician I don't have anything to do with billing all as I can do for you is send admin what you have just said when we are through with this question.
If you want to contact admin yourself you just email***@******.***
Let me know what I asked above please so we can move on with this thank you
Anthony
Can you assist me with the TV question I posted? If not please say so.
I have already asked for info off you please?please read above, here it is again
Regards
Anthony
I already stated the problem specifically and what I had done when I filled out the initial form Do I need to do it all again?
That's all I needed to know if you read the question it states that
"if you have not done anything other than already stated please let me know thank you."
The reason is most people do not indicate everything they have done so much time is wasted going over ground THEY have already covered so thanks for the reply
Is the power-light lit or blinking on the front of the set please?
Anthony
Power light is lit.
My understanding (guess) is that power to the TV but no picture or sound = most likely a bad main board.
audio but no illumination = LED driver problem
OK if the power-light is lit it can only be in two modes ON or OFF mode which is it please ?(assuming its not blinking)if your not sure what color is it please
Anthony
It is lit (back-lit white) and not blinking.
If you press the menu button of the sets own remote control does the menu come up please?
Anthony
You obviously haven't even read what I wrote when describing the problem! Please terminate this discussion and refund my money.
My apologies
I know the problem do you want to continue?
No.