Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I have a panasonic Model PT-52LCX66. I know it is an older

Customer Question

I have a panasonic Model PT-52LCX66. I know it is an older model, but it is now turning off all the time saying the filter needs changing. I change the bulb when necessary, but have no idea what to do about the filter. No one actually services these TV's now. How can I stop it from shutting off or how to I clean the filter??
Thank you
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
Hello and sorry you're having problems. You need to clean the filter in order to keep the TV from shutting off- there's no other quick fix to solve this. The filter can simply be cleaned and doesn't need to be replaced. There is a video below that is close to 18 minutes long that outlines how to access the filter- which requires complete removal of the light engine and dis-assembly of the TV (this set was way too complicated to get at the filter). If you're patient however and follow the video closely, you will be able to do this yourself: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OnHDByCbc1M If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click a POSITIVE RATING before you go- as it's how I am credited for my work. You can follow up at any time, at no additional cost.
Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
Do you need further assistance with this?