TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Our LG TV suddenly lost both audio and video. We now have…

Customer Question
Our LG TV suddenly lost...
Our LG TV suddenly lost both audio and video. We now have an all white screen with a small gray box moving along the top of the screen with the words Power Only/V3.04.0.
We are unable to turn the TV off. The model number from the back of the TV
is as follows: 47LE5488-UC.
What happened?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: TV
6/6/2015
TV Technician: Mike G., Technician replied 3 years ago
Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Hello, my name is***** am an independent tech connected to you via this pay for assistance website service. Your satisfaction is my top priority and in return your positive rating is the only way I will receive credit for my time. To get started we need more information (additional details may be required):
1. How long have you had the Tv?
2. What is connected to the tv? antenna, cable, dvr, etc
3. How long did you leave the power cord unplugged?
REPLY to continue (do not start a new question).
ps: Please refresh this page often if you don't see my reply.
Date purchased-3/26/2010.
Connections-directv receiver, sony dvd player
unplugged 5-10 seconds at most
Here are some things you can try:
Disconnect all the directv, dvd player, etc audio/video connections cables from the back of the tv.
Unplug the tv POWER cord for 3 full minutes.
Reconnect just the POWER cord.
Turn on the tv and try to see if you can control it with the buttons on the tv, like menu, volume, input.
If that isn't working, you can try to force a manual software update on the tv. See the following LG website for instructions and software:
http://www.lg.com/us/support-product/lg-47LE5400#
If you can't get the update to work either then your tv needs a new Main board. If you want to order the board, take the whole back off the tv then REPLY back here and I will be happy to help. Otherwise you would need to call a repair shop. Keep in mind, they will collect a non-refundable diagnostic fee up front of $100-$135, then another $150 labor plus up to $195 for the board, so the advice I've given you is already well worth it, considering the time and money you would have spent using a local repair shop.
Before you go any further, please be sure to take a moment right now to click the positive rating so that I get credit for helping you today. Doing so does not finish or close the question or prevent us from continuing our conversation here. My livelihood truly depends on your positive rating because I do not get paid hourly here.
I know this is not what you want to hear and I'm sorry there is no easy fix but please do not click bad-poor rating if you are unhappy with your product. Doing that blames me for your problem, destroys my standing here as a professional, and does not issue you a refund. Instead contact customer service or REPLY back here.
Thank you,