TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Bought vizio e320i-a0 32 inch 720p 60 hz smart lcd. Last night…

Customer Question
Bought vizio e320i-a0 32 inch...
Bought vizio e320i-a0 32 inch 720p 60 hz smart lcd. Last night it all of sudden lost picture but still has sound?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: TV
6/6/2015
TV Technician: Jack, Technician replied 3 years ago
Jack
Jack, Technician

Hello , my name is Jack
Perhaps I can help you with this problem but first i would have a few questions ;

Is this tv connected to a cable box/converter,satellite receiver,digital converter etc ?
Or directly to antenna/cable from the wall outlet ,no box with its own remote ?

Is the screen just blank with some background light or completely dark like when the tv is off ?

Can you see the tv`s own menu for example ?

Only has antenna hook up uses wireless for everything else no cable. No picture at all completely black

Ok then i`m sorry to say but it looks like your tv`s backlight inverter went off if it is completely dark with no background light whatsoever.

Did it quit while watching it or simply would not turn on today ?

Do you happen to have a flashlight handy ?

Yes have flash light went dark while watching it
O.k then with the tv on (sound and all) turn on the flashlight and press it against the screen then while moving it around , look around the edges of the flashlight and into the screen to see if there is some picture in there ?
Note that it may be difficult to see and a dark room may make it easier .
Let me know what you see.
If u hold the flashlight about inch away u can see the pictures

Ok then Amy ,your TV has a power /LED driver board problem and those parts are incredibly cheap in this model , how do you want to proceed from here ?
Look into this yourself or the repair shop ?

Let me know and i will help you along if you wish to look into repairing this yourself ,otherwise i will give you the details and costs you could expect.

My husband is mechanic if you could give me detailed repair instructions and parts to check and replacement instructions

Ok then this should be easy for him and this is all screws and plugs , you could say Plug&Play .

First thing to do in this case will be to match your power supply/driver board with one of those at the link below (several versions for this model) ;

http://www.shopjimmy.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=E320iA0

Again , you are looking at a power supply unit and once matched , you can buy it directly from them .

If that answers your question please do not forget to rate or you can use the reply button before or after rating if you have other questions or need help , thank you

Jack
Jack
Jack, Technician