TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

How do i get closed captioning on my roku connected to a lg…

Customer Question
how do i get closed...
how do i get closed captioning on my roku connected to a lg tv
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: TV
6/6/2015
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 2 years ago
Aric, Technician
Hello and sorry you're having problems. The TV's CC function only works when connected directly to an antenna/cable by coaxial. When a device such as Roku is connected by means of HDMI, the only Closed Captioning would be that within the device itself (in this case Roku). The CC function is not available with ALL programs. Here is what Roku says about Closed Captioning: http://support.roku.com/entries/24996284-Roku-Closed-Captioning-Help In order to activate the CC function when available, follow the steps in the Roku "Setup" at the following link: https://help.mgo.com/hc/en-us/articles/201921278-How-can-I-turn-closed-captioning-on-off-on-my-Roku- Please do not forget to click a POSITIVE RATING before you go- as it's how I am credited for my work. You can follow up at any time, at no additional cost.
Aric, Technician