TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

I have a dynex tv and it keeps asking to run channel

Customer Question
i have a dynex tv...
i have a dynex tv and it keeps asking for me to run channel auto scan.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: TV
6/5/2015
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 2 years ago
Aric, Technician
Hello and sorry you're having problems. I may be able to help, but I need to ask for more info. 1) Was the set working normally and then suddenly asked you to run the scan? 2) How do you receive broadcasts on the TV- is it through a cable BOX? 3) Do you have the original TV remote?
it was running fine and never had an issue. I recently dropped att digital cable and hooked up the digital antenna.
i have the original remote.
Okay, so are you saying this is the first time trying to get channels with the digital antenna or?
no, I used to use a digital antenna on this TV but went to ATT for 1.5 yrs.
Let me ask a different way- Has the antenna ever worked on this TV please?
yes
So you were watching it and then the TV came up with the channel scan message? Also, is there any sort of DTV tuner box between the antenna and the TV? The reason I'm asking these questions is to find out if the TV's "Input" simply got changed, or if there's a problem with the TV please.
no box between tv and antenna. and yes, the message came up while watching TV.
Okay, locate the Input button on the side of the TV and try running through each of the Inputs and let me know if one brings back your antenna signal. If not, please let me know the make and model of that Antenna, or if you have another TV to try it on. This could be caused by the TV losing it's programming or the antenna's power adapter has failed.
i gotta run to a grad party and will need to determine later.thank you
Okay.
Aric, Technician