Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

WD-C657, Powers up, audio but No Video, is it the Lamp or board

Customer Question

WD-C657, Powers up, audio but No Video, is it the Lamp or board & how do I repair both?
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
Hello and sorry you're having problems. I may be able to help, but I need to ask for more info.
1) Does the set eventually shut down with the red light lit on the front?
2) When is the last time you replaced the lamp?
3) What board are you referring to- there's about a dozen in the set.
Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
If you haven't changed the Lamp out recently, or have and used one of the $35-$40 Amazon lamps, then this is the cause of the problem without a doubt. Mits sets running with sound but no picture is a direct indicator that the lamp has gone out, and no reason to suspect any of the boards in the set unless you had some other problems prior. The solution here would be to purchase a high quality Philips or Osram lamp and replace it as the set is telling you the lamp is out. The link below is where you an purchase the lamp for your set:
https://www.bulbamerica.com/products/original-mitsubishi-wdc657-tv-assembly-with-philips-cage-and-uhp-bulb?CAWELAID=120150920000423122&CAGPSPN=pla&catargetid=120150920000784281&cadevice=c&gclid=CjwKEAjwkcWrBRDg5u6SuPS11C0SJAChLLAH4x528FpiP9X1enJtcOn0rhxSzXmFZlsefzJ26O53MBoC79nw_wcB
If you need further assistance or are unsure how to replace the lamp in the set simply reply back to me and we can proceed.
If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click a POSITIVE RATING before you go- as it's how I am credited for my work. You can follow up at any time, at no additional cost.