TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

Samsung plasma HP-R5052 distorted picture. Replaced the logic…

Customer Question
Samsung plasma HP-R5052 distorted picture...
Samsung plasma HP-R5052 distorted picture. Replaced the logic board, x-main and y-sus. No change. Horizontal lines. How do I post a picture??
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: TV
6/5/2015
TV Technician: Mike G., Technician replied 3 years ago
Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Hello, my name is***** am an independent tech connected to you via this pay for assistance website service. Your satisfaction is my top priority and in return your positive rating is the only way I will receive credit for my time. To get started we need more information (additional details may be required):
1. If you bring up the menu, are the lines covering the menu also?
2. Are the lines present on all inputs?
3. Upload your pictures to any free photo sharing website and post the links to that site in your reply. For example:
http://postimg.org
REPLY to continue (do not start a new question).
ps: Please refresh this page often if you don't see my reply.
http://postimg.org/image/rexarc2gz/
http://postimg.org/image/mrr8pkf43/Image is the same on all inputs or settings
Let me know if you can see the photos
Are you getting:
Vs = 200v
Va = 70v
Have you replaced only logic board, x-main and y-sus? No other boards?
Yes only replaced those three boards. I attached a pic of the meter I'm using. I'm a novice so please excuse my knowledge. If I read the meter right my VA is 40 and VS is 200. I was a little confused on the meter where it shows two diff numbers on each volt line. I used the lowest number. Please advise if I read it correctly. I had meter set on 150v to test it.
I tried to adjust the volts on VA but it stopped turning and wouldn't go over 45 volts
http://postimg.org/image/bybfaoyjn/
Va needs to be more like 70v. That means bad Power Supply board.
So would that cause the picture issues in the photos I sent you?
yes definitely
Ok, thank you. I don't see any bad caps on that board. With my lack of knowledge do you to recomend just buying a new board all together?
ya, trying to repair the board is not really an option
Very good. Thanks. I got the tv for free and was hoping it wasn't the display that was bad. You don't see anything that would indicate the display being bad? Do you feel good that it's that board and not the screen itself?
Unfortunately, yes it could be the screen but there is no way to test for that except to replace the boards. Normally we test for Vs/Va first. Replace boards, then if it can't be cleared up with boards, the screen is bad.
Many Tv repair shops have special deals with parts suppliers that allow virtually free returns on boards. Try to find a parts supplier with a similar return policy for you.
Please be sure to take a moment right now to click the positive rating so that I get credit for helping you today. Doing so does not finish or close the question or prevent us from continuing our conversation here. My livelihood truly depends on your positive rating because I do not get paid hourly here.
Please do not click bad-poor rating if you are unhappy with your product. Doing that blames me for your problem, destroys my standing here as a professional, and does not issue you a refund. Instead contact customer service or REPLY back here.
Thank you,
Ok will do. One more question. Did I read the meter correctly? I used the top numbers on the red V section
Yes if you saw Vs 200, then you are reading it correctly.
Please click the positive rating to show your appreciation. Doing so does not prevent future replies here.
Thanks