TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

On a model sony tv nsx-40gt1both the red and ***** *****ghts are…

Customer Question
on a model sony tv...
on a model sony tv nsx-40gt1both the red and ***** *****ghts are blinking
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: TV
6/5/2015
TV Technician: Anthony_Infotech, Technician replied 3 years ago
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Hello and Welcome
Thank You for the Question
My name is Anthony
Just a little info so you understand clearly how this works.
I am an independent verified technician using the site like you are.
Your question will be given the best possible advice on the understanding that you rate the answer positively with the rating bar that will be of stars or smileys with the answer (not an info request), this is the only way I am allowed to receive funds from the site for my work thank you.
Please do not open a new question! stick with this one at all times. Bookmark this page so you can easily get back here (CTRL+D)
Please allow time for me to research your model and to type a reply this could be up to 5mins , also please be aware that if you reply at a later time I may not be at my computer but I WILL reply back.
If for any reason you are not happy with the answer do NOT rate me negatively but reply back to me so I understand your displeasure and have a chance to explain my answer or offer you an alternative.
Also please understand rating negatively does not instigate a refund.
Thanks for taking the time to read now on with your question....
Let me know EVERYTHING you have done to rectify the problem concerning your question to stop me going over old ground please, if you have not done anything other than already stated please let me know thank you.
Regards
Anthony
I am sorry I have not heard anything from you since you read my introduction, is there anything you dont understand please?
I have asked a question
Do you understand the above please?
Anthony
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from yo. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Hello
Sorry to be honest I know you have selected something there but I have no idea what its about just please reply back here with your info for this request
Regards
Anthony
i installed a main board and now both the red and ***** *****ght blink together i do get a picture and about 7 or 8 min the set goes off.u have unplug the set for set to come on for 7 to 8 mins
i have to get going on a call,BE BACK LATER FOR YOUR ANSWERS AND THANK YOU *****
OK Paul thank you that is very helpful.
Paul did you replace the main-board for this exact issue?if not what was your ORIGINAL issue?
Anthony
I replace the main board and it will shut of in about 8 to 10 mins,i was thinking it would be the M board if not it the panel is bad.
So the ORIGINAL fault was that the set was shutting down after 8 to 10 mins you fitted this board and now have this new issue.
OK I will need to know the part-number of the ORIGINAL board and the part-number of the one you fitted it will be on the board on a sticky label you should have ordered the board by partnumber?
Anthony
i would like to talk to u by phone is that a problem(###) ###-####is my cell #
Paul no I can't do that and in my opinion this is the best way to deal with the problem because everything is in text and can be gone over.
Please just reply to my previous request for info so I can move forwards thank you
Anthony
the part i put in there was a main board part # *****
THE MAIN BOARD I TOOK OUT OF THE SET PART # ***** ***** THE SAME I AM GETTING VERY MAD ABOUT WHY THE MANUFACTORY DOES PUT A PART # ***** THE OLD BOARD
WITH THE NEW BOARD IN THE SET IT WILL COME ON FOR ABOUT 8 TO 10 MIN AND U HEAR A CLICK FROM THE POWER SUPPLY BOARD AND THE SET GOES OFF.AND THE RED AND THE ***** *****GHT START BLINKING TOGETHER.I BOUGHT THE SERVICE MANUAL AND THERE IS NO REFERENTS TO WHAT THE LIGHT A DOING
THIS SET GOT ME STUMPED
Paul I am sorry but you still have not answered my info request properly please just stick to what I am asking and we WILL get there, so I need to know what the ORIGINAL fault was with the ORIGINAL main-board?? I feel your frustration but honestly we can only move forwards if you provide me with the info I need its the ONLY way to go, so let me know about that and from you reply I understand that the part-numbers are NOT the same
aNTHONY
Paul you have now opened a new question which I said not to do in my opening statement I have now closed that as a dupe, Paul if you don't want to give me information that's no problem I will just opt out
Let me know
THE TV IS STILL NOT WORKING,WHAT DO U THINK I SHOULD DO.THIS IS A DIFFERENT TYPE SONY TV THAT WE JUST DONT UNDERSTAND.AGAIN THE MODEL SONY IS NSX-40GT1
aNTHONY
Because of the lack of tangible info not supplied to go on Paul I have opted out please await another expert thank you
Anthony
i do understand what more u want me to tell u about the sony tv problem
i put in a new main board,set comes on and works for about 8 to 10 min,u here a click from the power supply and the set goes off and the red and ***** *****ght blink together.
You have not provided the info despite me asking at least 4 or 5 times for the original fault with the original board if I don't know that I can't help you and in any case I have lost confidence in receiving an positive rating from this question
Have a good day
Please just await another expert thank you
Anthony
this is a computer tv and its the frist time i have hands on this set,
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 3 years ago
Aric, Technician
Paul, My name is ***** ***** I am a different expert.
What was the TV doing before you replaced the Mainboard?