TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

What voltages can I check on my FSP285-3PS03 power supply to…

Customer Question
What voltages can I check...
What voltages can I check on my FSP285-3PS03 power supply to see if it is the problem with my TV? All the 12V signals seem OK, what should the high voltage be?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: TV
6/3/2015
TV Technician: Anthony_Infotech, Technician replied 3 years ago
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Hello and Welcome
Thank You for the Question
My name is Anthony
Just a little info so you understand clearly how this works.
I am an independent verified technician using the site like you are.
Your question will be given the best possible advice on the understanding that you rate the answer positively with the rating bar that will be with the answer (not an info request), this is the only way I am allowed to receive funds from the site for my work thank you.
Please do not open a new question! stick with this one at all times. Bookmark this page so you can easily get back here (CTRL+D)
Please allow time for me to research your model and to type a reply this could be upto 5mins , also please be aware that if you reply at a later time I may not be at my computer but I WILL reply back.
If for any reason you are not happy with the answer do NOT rate me negatively but reply back to me so I understand your displeasure and have a chance to explain my answer or offer you an alternative.
Also please understand rating negatively does not instigate a refund.
Thanks for taking the time to read now on with your question....
Let me know EVERYTHING you have done to rectify the problem concerning your question to stop me going over old ground please, if you have not done anything other than already stated please let me know thank you.
Regards
Anthony
TV had been acting up (not turning on, screen going blank). I have pulled the power supply (a FSP285-3PS03). I was able to check the low voltage (12V signals). What should the high volt signals be?
There are no high voltages on the powerboard in an LCD set particularly a modern LCD set.
You have the powerlight lit as normal so the powerboard is very likely to be OK.
You need to replace the mainboard thats the one with all the AV connectors attached as its likely to be either bad firmware or a hardware issue associated with that board do you think you can do this work?
Anthony
Is there a way for me to verify the main board before buying a new one? Can I update the firmware somehow?
Yes it may be a combined inverter powerboard the inverter section will have high voltages but they dont get going until the powerboard itself is running and are not relevant if you take a photo of the complete board also please let me know the model number found on the back of the set
Thanks
Anthony
Yes its a combi board that high voltage is for the back-lights it has no bearing on this issue, the plug at the top of the powerboard will have a standby 5v dc supply if the board is producing that and other voltages its working OK the mainboard is bad
You need to get the back off the set, locate the mainboard thats the one with all the AV connectors on, unplug and unscrew the board from the chassis, remove the board ,carefully examine the board for its part number usually found on a sticky label on the board or etched on the board, (you may need to go through a few codes before you find the right number)when you get the partnumber try www.shopjimmy.com first, if they dont have it google the partnumber to locate a supplier, its the reverse to fit plug in and switch on TV (plug and play)
The reason why its important to use the partnumber is ***** there may be variants of the board in the same model and they are not interchangeable
Let me know if you need more info
A positive rating is appreciated thank you there will be a rating bar with this post thanks again, note the question will remain open after rating
Regards
Anthony