TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

I have a jvc HD-70RX5 rear projection TV, recently i changed

Customer Question
the lamp again as it...
i have a jvc HD-70RX5 rear projection TV, recently i changed the lamp again as it was getting dull, also there was a fair bit of dust in it so i removed the screen to gently clean the mirror and screen with a damp cloth of distilled water, the projection lens also had dust on it which i cleaned gently, when i put it back together again the whole thing was a lot brighter but the colour on 4 fifths of the screen now has the blues as green and red as pink, with only the far right of the screen displaying the correct colour.
can i fix this or is it a terminal problem, has been a fantastic TV for the last 8 years
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: TV
6/2/2015
TV Technician: Dimmu TV, Handyman/Handywoman replied 2 years ago
Dimmu TV
Dimmu TV, Handyman/Handywoman
.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem. I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this. There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure. Have you replaced anything else other than the lamp?
.

no it was just the lamp

.
I can't seem to find a parts list or service manual for your model. Do you remeber if it had a color wheel?
.

do not think so, have the service manual and parts list, does not mention a colour wheel anywhere

.
OK this is usually caused by a color wheel on projection TV's, since it sounds like you may not have one does anything on your parts list say convergence?
.

yes there is a self adjustment screen that lets you check drive convergence, which i have done, but this screen the reds are pink and the blue are green also

.
I meant the parts list not self checks etc, from what you have told me you are going to need a part. What you described as the problem is called convergence and some models have a IC's specifically called that.

It sounds like your does not though so you would want to test manually. Thermal paste over time needs to be replaced and can cause this. This video explains what to check and how to check it: Click Here

If this did not work, please come back and let me know what happened when you tried it by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue.
If it did work, please don’t forget to leave a positive rating - it is greatly appreciated.
.

No mate that did not change anything, don't think it a convergence problem though, the picture is aligned and clear, but 4/5th of the screen seem to missing a colour, making the blues a bright green and the reds a bright pink.

It seems like that one colour coming through the projection lens is no longer pointing in the right direction or there is something partially blocking the light source from one colour, which is causing a small portion of the screen to display correctly but the rest of the screen to give a clear picture but with incorrect colours.... not knowing how the the insides of the projection set up works i don't know if this is a possible explanation? whether when cleaning the screen i have dislodged some more dust and it has settled on a colour light source blocking it i am unsure if this is possible?

.
Can you take a picture of what is happening for me?
.

Sure mate, will have to be tomorrow sometime as i am not home at the moment.....

.
Take all the time you need.
.
Dimmu TV
Dimmu TV
Dimmu TV, Handyman/Handywoman