TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

50PF9631D/37 4 blinks of red light. already changed caps on…

Customer Question
50PF9631D/37 4 blinks of red...
50PF9631D/37 4 blinks of red light. already changed caps on power supply
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: TV
Any Idea on the 4 flashes? In must be indicating a certain part or board.
6/1/2015
TV Technician: Anthony_Infotech, Technician replied 2 years ago
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Hello my name is Anthony
Welcome
Thanks for the Question
The capacitors you changed where they bad visually?
Anthony
No a tech changed them before me and used wrong ones he used 6.3v 2200 caps I thought that because they were undersized that that might have been the issue. The new ones I used are 10v 3300 and they went in Easley.
OK just give me 5 mins please to go through this
Anthony
Thanks
You will need to get me the cct ref of those capacitors you fitted please so I can check for myself what you should have there
Anthony
What is the cct ref?
The cct ref is the ref of where the capacitor is on the board so for example C1089 or CN2459 it will be stamped on the board next to the cap
Anthony
The numbers are C8059 and C8060.
OK the caps are still underated they should be at 16vdc
I don't however think that is going to solve the problem you may need to replace that powerboard, let me know what happens when you fit the 16vdc types
Let me know if you need more info
Regards
Anthony
If that dose not solve the problem. The fact that the red LED blinks 4 times is no indication of problem? (is there a Chart?) I also checked the replacements for C8059&60 and found them to be 10V. I do understand you can go higher with the caps.(up to double) am I thinking right?
They may have upgraded them to 16volts because they keep failing you cant go any higher than that for voltage
Yes the 4 blinks is indicative of powerboard failure
Let me know if you need more info
Anthony
Thanks again
Yes let me know how it works out
If you need more help just let me know
A positive rating is appreciated thank you there will be a rating bar with this post note the question remains open thank you
Regards
Anthony
I am interested in knowing how this is working out please?
Let me know please thank you
Regards
Anthony
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician