TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

Color problem.Orange and teal have taken over the color.What…

Customer Question
Color problem. Orange and teal have...
Color problem.
Orange and teal have taken over the color.
What is the problem and the cost to repair the TV
Hitachi Ultravision HD 53" rear projection TV
I tried the magic focus but it did nothing to change the orange and teal dominance.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/1/2015
TV Technician: Jack, Technician replied 2 years ago
Jack
Jack, Technician

Hello , my name is Jack
Perhaps I can help you with this problem but first i would have a few questions ;

Is this tv connected to a cable box/converter,satellite receiver,digital converter etc ?
Or directly to antenna/cable from the wall outlet ,no box with its own remote ?

Do you have other equipment like a dvd,bluray,games etc. connected to this tv ?
If so , did you notice this problem no matter what equipment is playing on tv ?

Cable is connected directly

bluray is also connected

Ok and does the bluray show that same orange color ?

ow about the tv`s own menu , does it also seem to be affected ?
YES to both

Ok then in that case if the tv`s own menuis also affected then this is not caused by external equipment or even the tv`s main board and its adjustments .

If this is a rear projection tv then very likely thatbeside being badly in need of adjustments , you may looking a weak picture tubes and/or contaminated coolant fluid in the tubes that would need to be replaced.

In case of weak tubes , it possibly could be adjusted to a somewhat watchable picture depending on how far gone they are and then about the coolant fluid needing to be replaced , this would definitely affect the picture and very likely again needs to be done anyway.

In either cases though you are looking at something that you would need to help of a local tech and this is not going to cost below some $300 i`m afraid.

If i may be frank , considering the age of the tv and the fact that you can get a new 50" plasma tv with all the bells and whistles for around or less than $600 ,I would think twice before investing that kind of money into this one.

Still , If you go for the repair shop option then look at the links below and enter your zip code ;
www.tvrepairpros.com
Or this one;
http://www.tvrepairman.com

This will give you a list of repair shops in your area.
You could give a call to different shops in your area to get an idea of their rates , it pays to shop around.

If that answers your question please do not forget to rate or you can use the reply  button before or after rating if you have other questions or need help , thank you

I knew that as a lay person
I learned nothing more.
You were not very specific.
If you cant be then you should say so.
If it cant be fully diagnosed unseen like this then you should say so.
Just a lead in to your repair service.
Not satisfied at all.
I will call a local repair service since it seems to require hands on to fully diagnose the problem.
Right now I don`t have a model number so it would be difficult to be specific and beside , what I just told you is very specific to a repairman not a layman and yes you are correct this is best done by a local tech and that is what I suggested above.
I also mentioned the possible repair cost and that is IF it can be repaired and brought back to some acceptable picture and by the way , you better get an older tech like me that has done this for some 20 + years or you will find it hard to get a tech. at all or one that knows what he is doing after charging you $125 for the service call.
Jack
Jack
Jack, Technician