TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

TV

How do I turn on HDMI ports?

Customer Question
how do I turn on HDMI ports?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
6/1/2015
TV Technician: Shahid, Technician replied 2 years ago
Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Hello, my name is***** be happy to assist you.
Please allow me to ask you a few questions to diagnose the problem.
- Can you please get me the model number off of your TV?
- What video devices/ sources are connected to HDMI inputs of TV?
- Was TV working fine before with those video devices?
Thanks.
Model###-##-####DVD Blueray
TV working fine. I'm trying to connect an Apple TV and cannot acces it
Thanks for the info.
Sharp TV model would start like LC-xxxxx, please recheck as###-##-####seems serial number.
LC 52LE 640U
OK, is it possible for you to connect DVD/bluray in other HDMI input as a test to verify the HDMI input works with it where you are trying to connect Apple TV?
I have tried both a Roku and the Apple TV in all HDMI ports. Neither device is found
OK, as you mention TV works fine with DVD/Bluray, correct?
If so, we can confirm other hDMI inputs of TV by hooking the same DVD/Bluray in each HDMI input to verify them, is it possible for you to do the test?
The Bluray player is not tied into this TV but rather centrally. I have tried tying in a laptop but it won't work
OK, so non of HDMI inputs work on TV, correct?
- Have you tried to unplug TV power cord from wall outlet for 10 minutes to reset, replug back in and check?
If not yet, can you try it now and reply back with the result?
Thanks.
Louie, Technician