TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a Visio 42 inch flat screen tv (model VU42LFHD) (serial…

Customer Question
I have a Visio 42...
I have a Visio 42 inch flat screen tv (model VU42LFHD) (serial LJPAPJH4839807) that has multi colored lines vertically across the entire screen. Can this be fixed or would I just be better off to get a new tv?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: TV
6/1/2015
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 3 years ago
Aric, Technician
Hello and sorry you're having problems. In order to determine what's causing this, I need to ask you for more information.
1) How long have you owned the set for and when did the problem occur?
2) What is connected to the TV for sources (cable box, DVD player, etc.), and does this issue occur regardless of which source you're viewing from?
3) If you press MENU using the original TV remote, or the MENU button on the TV itself- does the MENU display normally?