TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a samsung HD wide sccreen TV. It popped and then a…

Customer Question
I have a samsung HD...
I have a samsung HD wide sccreen TV. It popped and then a big bangl
like a gun shot. No audio or video. I bought it about 5 years ago.
susan
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: TV
6/1/2015
TV Technician: Aric, Technician replied 3 years ago
Aric, Technician
Hello and sorry you're having problems. I may be able to help, but I need to ask for more info. 1) What is the model number off of the back of the set? 2) Are there currently ANY signs of life on the TV at all (power light lit or blinking, etc.)?
HP - 75054
no signs of anything, but i pulled the cable connection out of the wall
Thanks for the reply. The cable connection won't have any bearing on this, and the sound you heard was, at the very least, the TV's main fuse blowing.
Please disconnect the set from power then press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote), for 10 seconds and release. Plug the set back in and press power once. If there's no click or power light then repeat these steps up to three more times and let me know if anything changes.
Ok will do
this is a problem. The TV is backed into a corner and hard to work on. There are no connections to the electrical plug in the wall. There are connections to the surge protector, and three plugs that go into the back of the TV
The TV's power cord is what we are concerned with. I would also suggest bypassing the surge protector and plugging directly into the wall to rule out any other possible culprits.
I don't know where the surge protecter is plugged into.
Follow the cord....it connects to an outlet.
OK so I'm supposed to find something but where and what nothing has ever been plugged into the electrical outlet.
Do you mean that i should find a plug ust like my vacuum plug that I would be able to plug into the wall?
The surge protector gets it's power from an outlet. That is how the TV gets it's power. Unplug the TV's power cord from the surge protector and plug it into an electrical outlet. If you're unable to follow these steps (which are the only possible user fix for this), then you will need to get a technician to come in house and make this repair on the TV. You can locate a tech at the link below: www.tvrepairpros.com
I don't know what cord I'm looking for - there are about 12 cords that are connected
It sounds like you'll need a technician to come to your house. If you're unable to locate which cord is the power cord then there's nothing more that can be done I'm afraid. I can't locate the cord for you- I wish I could.
ok - unplug the serge protector's power cord - OK wait please.
Take your time and postback when able.
OK now I unplugged the power cord from the electrical outlet - No I forgot the nextstep
now, not no
Disconnect the set from power, then press and hold the power button on the TV itself (not the remote), for 10 seconds and release. Then plug the set back in, and also check that the power cord is connected tight at the TV as well. Press power once, and see if the set powers up. Try this procedure up to 4 times if subsequent tries do not work. Please reply back and we can proceed.
ok got it
Thank you, ***** ***** me know what happens please.
ok something's working now. No screen or audio but the set is on and is making a clicking noise.
and it's booting up on level 3 now
Okay, that is what I was afraid of. That clicking noise is a relay inside the TV and is not able to turn the set on because there's a fault internally. This is caused by the power supply inside the TV failing, and requires replacement of this part to fix it. Wait...what do you mean "booting up on level 3"? What does that mean?
that means the DVR is showing the progress - starts a L - 8 and goes to L and then the TV usually goes on when I hold the TV power button and TV source button
goes to L - 1
Okay, the DVR is working but the TV is clicking- which means it's not going to come on. The clicking is a hardware failure and requires service. The DVR is a separate device and does not have any bearing on the TV coming on. Your TV needs it's power board replaced, which is on average a $250 repair on this set. If you'd like you can use the link below to locate a tech in your area: www.tvrepairpros.com I'm sorry for the bad news and wish there were a quick fix. If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click a POSITIVE RATING before you go- as it's how I am credited for my work. You can follow up at any time, at no additional cost.
now I can't shut the T off. SHould I pull the connection from the wall?
that's what I'm going to do and check with the link you provided
Yes, the TV requires service- you would need to unplug it and have it serviced. If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click a POSITIVE RATING before you go- as it's how I am credited for my work. You can follow up at any time, at no additional cost.
Do you need further assistance with this?