Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Experience:  20+ years experience TV expert (field and bench) 9 approved qualifications in TV-ELECTRONICS
18621325

I have a PS35 653 tv set and it was working before I shut it

Customer Question

I have a PS35 653 tv set and it was working before I shut it off. Today I tried to turn the tv on and I get the green light to turn on for a second then I get a pop then it goes off then one for a second then off for 3 times. No picture nor sound. Any help you can give me to fix my problen. Besides throwing it away. Must be something minor. Please help.
Category: TV
Expert:  Anthony_Infotech replied 2 years ago.
Hello my name is Anthony
Welcome
Thanks for the Question
In every case where their is no power light lit or the light is going out and you are sure their is power reaching the set the back of the set will need to come off (set unplugged from the wall)and some checks carried out using a meter (volt\amps\resistance)this is just to verify if the powersection is bad, are you able to do that yourself?if so please let me know I will provide more details, the most likely suspect as it stands now is the powersection itself, nothing is ever minor with CRT TV I am afriad
Sorry its nothing easier
Please let me know if you can do work or need more help
A positive rating is appreciated thank you
Regards
Anthony