Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Technician
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Computers and Electronics
23511658

I have a Samsung HPR-5052 Plasma television that's presenting wit

Customer Question

I have a Samsung HPR-5052 Plasma television that's presenting with sound, but no picture.
Category: TV
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 2 years ago.
Hello. My name is***** will be your Primary Care Technician and I can assist you with your question.
If possible, I would take it down and take the back off, and get some free spray and use that when you see the problem to see if you can narrow it down easily by doing that. The problem with the parts that you get from eBay and other sites where there are so many sellers, is that they are almost always pulled from other TVs. And they just list them as working but they really haven't tested them and they don't necessarily even know if it's the right board. With your main board it is absolutely imperative that all the numbers on the main board match your original mainboard. Like many TVs there were several revisions of this board and they are not cross compatible.
I would suggest returning that in getting a board that is new if you can find one even if it's a bit more expensive.