Louie, Technician
Experience:  25+ yrs. experience in the field and 5+ yrs. online, down to component level.
13948492

Vizio Model VOJ32oF1A Intermittently, picture becomes pixelated

Customer Question

Vizio Model VOJ32oF1A
Intermittently, picture becomes pixelated (spelling) and freezes for a few seconds. There is also no sound during the freeze. The problem disappears after about an hour. Because it does this only in the evening and primarily on Channel 11, I thought it was the antenna or the station. I connected another new Vizio TV to the same antenna and same power outlet and placed it next to the problem TV. When the problem TV became pixelated and froze, the image on the new TV remained clear.
Thank you
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
Hello and sorry you're having problems.
If I understand correctly, there's no tuner/HD box between the antenna and the TV- the antenna just goes directly to the set?
Now when you're saying you tried out another TV right next to this one- how did you get the signal to both TV's at the same time- is there a splitter or amplifier in the mix somewhere?