TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a Vizio 47" smart tv. It has been working fine until…

Customer Question
I have a Vizio 47"...
I have a Vizio 47" smart tv. It has been working fine until last night. When it is turned on the vizio signal lights up fot about 5 seconds and then it switches off. What is the problem?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
5/29/2015
TV Technician: Shahid, Technician replied 3 years ago
Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Hello, my name is***** be happy to assist you.
Please allow me to ask you a few questions to diagnose the problem.
- How old is the TV and was there any storm in area that might have caused the problem?
Thanks.
No
OK,
- How old is the TV?
- Is it still under warranty?
Thanks.
No it is not under warranty.
Are you there?
Thanks for the info.
TV symptoms "When it is turned on the vizio signal lights up fot about 5 seconds and then it switches off" indicate main board failure and swapping the main board in TV will help to resolve the problem. Please check following supplier to get replacement main board if you're trying to repair the TV yourself as main board would be available around $49..
http://www.shopjimmy.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=E502AR
If you are not comfortable working on it yourself then you may please use following link to get list of TV repair shops in area which will help to get repair quote...
http://www.tvrepairpros.com/
I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on smiley face/star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work.
Regards,
Shahid.