TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

I have a vizio VW46LF HDTV 20A. when i tumrn the set on the…

Customer Question
I have a vizio VW46LF...
I have a vizio VW46LF HDTV 20A. when i tumrn the set on the screen lights up blue screen osd is on,when i conect the antenna there is a washed out picture ihave reset tv to factory reset,ialso changed the main board but dident change any thing.could you tell me what it could be wrong thanks Bill Robbins @*****@******.***
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: TV
5/29/2015
TV Technician: Shahid, Technician replied 2 years ago
Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Hello, my name is***** be happy to assist you.
Please allow me to ask you a few questions to diagnose the problem.
- Does the TV own menu screen come up normal when push menu button on TV or its remote?
- Have you tried another video source such as DVD player as a test to see the picture result?
Thanks.
the menue comes up and the picture is washed out .a havent tries any thing else
I gues you can say the picture looks gostey if that makes sense
So menu comes up in normal colors, correct?
Please try a different video source to TV to see how its picture appears and reply back with the result to proceed further.
you can see color i conected my dish receiver on vidio sorse but nothing changes
i was thinking that i have a bad screen.
there is way to much brightness it seems
Thanks for the info.
So TV menu screen also comes up washed out and you can see only colors.
If so then this problem occurs due to either bad t-con board that provides video data to internal circuitry of display panel (the screen) or the screen itself has got internal failure.
T-con board swapping is the only option here to see if it fix the issue or screen is bad, please check with following board supplier to get identical t-con board...
http://www.shopjimmy.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=VW46LFHDTV20A
If t-con board swapping didn't fix the issue then screen is defective and at this point you would be better off with a new TV because replacement screen wouldn't be available due to age of TV and even if it is available then the cost would be high like 90% of new TV price.
I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on smiley face/star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work.
Regards,
Shahid.
I will try that thanks Shahid
You're welcome, please reply back with the result.
Thanks and good luck!
Shahid
Shahid
Shahid, Technician