Mike G.
Mike G., Technician
Experience:  10 Years Audio Video Repair & Setup
24542549

Dear Sirs: WE have a model UN55EH60000 led 1080-P from 2012,

Customer Question

Dear Sirs: WE have a model UN55EH60000 led 1080-P from 2012, with an LG sound bar. We can't get the TV to power on--it seems dead. I can't find any power button on the tv and the sound bar has an error message--"no USB." Can you help?
Category: TV
Expert:  Mike G. replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is***** am an independent tech connected to you via this pay for assistance website service. Your satisfaction is my top priority and in return your positive rating is the only way I will receive credit for my time. To get started we need more information (additional details may be required):
1. Is there any red LED on the front of the Tv?
2. Do you have the original Samsung tv remote?
REPLY to continue (do not start a new question).
ps: Please refresh this page often if you don't see my reply.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
1. No red led on the TV but one on the LG sound bar. The sound bar is working and the red light is on.
2. Yes, I have the original remote, but pushing the power button did not produce anything.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Mike--I don't see a refresh button and don't see your reply.
Expert:  Mike G. replied 2 years ago.
Please locate the tv POWER cord and unplug it from the wall, wait 3 full minutes, plug it back in, check for red LED on front and try to turn on.
If that doesn't help then there is not going to be any easy reset/fix. Unfortunately unplugging the power cord for a while is the only reset you can do. The Tv has an internal failure and it is not possible to diagnose just by the external symptoms. It would be wrong for anyone to guess what the failure is. The back panel needs to come off, checks need to be performed, then parts ordered and installed. If you have electronics experience like using a meter then REPLY back here and I will be happy to help. If you don't have any electronics experience you would need to call a repair shop.
The advice I've given you is well worth it, considering the time and money you would have spent using a local repair shop. Before you go any further, please be sure to take a moment right now to click the positive rating so that I get credit for helping you today. Doing so does not finish or close the question or prevent us from continuing our conversation here. My livelihood truly depends on your positive rating because I do not get paid hourly here.
I know this is not what you want to hear and I'm sorry there is no easy fix but please do not click bad-poor rating if you are unhappy with your product. Doing that blames me for your problem, destroys my standing here as a professional, and does not issue you a refund. Instead contact customer service or REPLY back here.
Thank you,
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks Mike--it's unplugged and will plug it back in when the time is up
Expert:  Mike G. replied 2 years ago.
ok
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Sorry--nothing happened. Too bad and disappointing but I'll take another step and call a repairman.
Expert:  Mike G. replied 2 years ago.
Oh, sorry to here that...
Please show your appreciation by clicking the positive rating. Doing so does not prevent future replies here.
Thanks