Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Experience:  I have been repairing electronic gear since 1993 as a qualified Sony tech
33243543

I have a green line going down the right side of my TV how

Customer Question

I have a green line going down the right side of my TV how do I fix it myself
Category: TV
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Hello, my name is***** be happy to assist you.
Please allow me to ask you a few questions to diagnose the problem.
- How old is the TV and how long it have had the problem?
- Does the green line appear while watching any video input and does it disappear after some time?
Thanks.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
The TV is 4 years old and its on all inputs while I'm playing games or even watching a movie
Expert:  Shahid replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for the info.
Mostly this kind of problem occurs due to either lose connection between ribbon cable of screen and buffer board or the buffer board is defective, I'm sorry this is not any wrong setting or reset issue and definitely hardware related problem, there are three buffer board located on bottom of screen (need to remove back cover of TV to view them) and buffer board on lower left side would need to be checked/ swapped. Please check following link to view the board image which will help to locate it in TV if you are trying to repair it yourself...
http://www.shopjimmy.com/panasonic-txnc11phuu-c1-board.htm
If you are not comfortable working on it yourself then you may please use following link to get list of TV repair shops in area which will help to get repair quote...
http://www.tvrepairpros.com/
I trust my input will help you out. Please feel free to respond if you have any additional questions.
A positive rating to answer would be greatly appreciated, please click on smiley face/star on this page then click submit/finish button so I can get credit on website for my work.
Regards,
Shahid.