TV

Facing TV Problems? Ask a TV Technician.

My Mitsubishi WD3300U powers off after 15-20 seconds. the fan…

Customer Question
my Mitsubishi WD3300U powers off...
my Mitsubishi WD3300U powers off after 15-20 seconds. the fan runs, screen never illuminates. has new bulb, what causes this?
Submitted: 3 years ago.Category: TV
Answered in 1 minute by:
5/26/2015
TV Technician: Anthony_Infotech, Technician replied 3 years ago
Anthony_Infotech
Anthony_Infotech, Technician
Hello my name is Anthony
Welcome
Thanks for the Question
The lights on the front of the set are any blinking?lit solid?
Anthony
it is a projector. lights come on green as in normal start-up fan comes on the shuts down after 15-20 seconds
I understand but what do the lights do when the unit shuts down please? you see the lights are important as they can report an error, or does the unit just drop to standby red light lit?
Anthony
both green while fan runs to red when shuts down
Did it do exactly the same with the original lamp?
Anthony
yes
I am sorry I will opt out
TV Technician: Shahid, Technician replied 3 years ago
Shahid
Shahid, Technician
Hello, my name is***** be happy to assist you.
Please allow me to ask you a few questions to diagnose the problem.
- Have you tried to reset lamp timer in projector after new lamp installation?
- Where did you buy the replacement lamp from and what was the price?
Thanks.
yes I have tried to reset lamp timer, it will not stay on long enough to reset
my projector lamps $253.00
OK, was the old lamp broke/shattered?
What procedure is applied to reset the lamp timer?
old lamp still burns
press arrows simultaneously with power button
OK, lamp timer reset procedure is correct, did the status light blink twice during lamp timer reset?
If didn't, press and hold arrows simultaneously with power button on projector for bit longer till you get status light blink two times.
Please reply back with the result.