Aric, Technician
Experience:  15+ years in the field. Owner of AV Installation, OEM and Repair company
24739752

I have an older dvd home theater system with a newer panasonic

Customer Question

Hi, I have an older dvd home theater system with a newer panasonic TV. I called today and was told I need a converter box with optical cable port on one side to go into back of TV. Then on other end I need the RCA color cords to go in back of surround sound system.
I went to many stores today and they don' carry them. Do you have the product I am talking about and if so can I order thru you?
Thank you, *****
Category: TV
Expert:  Aric replied 2 years ago.
Hello and sorry you're having problems. We do not sell products of any sort as this is an online only tech support system. However I do know of the converter that you're looking for, and can tell you they do not sell it directly in any stores- you need to order it online. That is the only place any of us techs are able to get them as well. That being said, the converter you need is available at the link below for purchase along with the optical cable you need: Converter: http://www.parts-express.com/parts-express-dac-digital-to-analog-converter-(51-compatible)--180-999 The optical cable can be purchased at a local store- such as Radio Shack, or Best Buy, or can also be ordered from the same site that has the converter (below): http://www.parts-express.com/premium-optical-cable-with-toslink-connectors-6-ft--181-044 If you need further assistance let me know. Please do not forget to click a POSITIVE RATING before you go- as it's how I am credited for my work. You can follow up at any time, at no additional cost.